Closed due to lockdown
The media store remains closed for most students. If you have equipment still borrowed from the start of lockdown, please continue to hold onto it and we will continue to extend your booking. Do NOT come to campus.
Opening hours for permitted students
The government is allowing a VERY LIMITED set of units to resume on campus. Booking and opening hours apply ONLY to students enrolled in one of the following subjects AND who have a permit to come to campus.
- ANI30002 Major Project: Production and Post Production
- DDD30015 Visual Storytelling
- DDD30021 Digital Video Compositing
- DDD30022 Motion Graphics Project
- DDD30042 Photomedia Capstone Project
- DDD30046 Commercial Photography on Location
- DDM30001 Motion Design Capstone Project
- FTV30018 Screen Production Capstone: Production and Post Production
- FTV40011 Major Project: Post-Production and Distribution
- GAM30003 Games & Interactivity Project 2
- JOU30009 Video Project
- MDA70003 Engaging Audiences
- SWE40002 Software Engineering Project B
Monday: 11:00 - 16:30
Wednesday: 11:30 - 16:30
Thursday: 11:00 - 14:30
Friday: 11:30 -12:30
CLOSED 1st and 2nd of November for Melbourne Cup and Swinburne Holiday.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
You MIGHT be able to renew equipment for an extra two days if it is available. This can be done by going into your active booking from the home page, and selecting "renew booking". Again, renewals are not guaranteed. If you can't renew, it means someone else has booked the gear and it must be returned at the originally scheduled time.
Do NOT make multiple bookings for the same day. Instead, follow the guide above to update/edit a booking and add additional items if required. Multiple bookings will be deleted.
Latest from twitterTweets by digvideoaudio
Fines & lost or damaged equipment
- Overdue equipment more than 1 hour late will attract a fine of $20. An additional fine of $20 will apply for every additional 24 hour period (excluding weekends). Your borrowing privileges will be suspended until paid.
- The borrower is responsible for the safety of the equipment & will be charged the full replacement cost for any loss or damage (including when working in a group). Do not leave equipment in cars or in plain sight of the public.
- Equipment that is returned in a manner requiring cleaning will be charged a minimum $20 fine; depending on how extensive a clean is required. This includes cases and accessories.
- You will need to present your current Swinburne ID card. Only the person who made the booking can collect the equipment (equipment will not be given to friends/family looking to collect on a user's behalf).
- Equipment must be borrowed and returned during opening hours on or before the agreed date & time.
- Equipment is to be returned in the same condition it was borrowed. This includes items in the correct places in bags and cables neatly wound and tied. It is the borrower's responsibility to erase memory cards.
- If working in a group of 5 or more on-campus a member of the group must wear a hi-viz vest (available from the office).
- Staff reserve the right to limit bookings where a user has booked a large amount of equipment that may limit fair access to other users.
- No food or drink is allowed in any studio.
- Non-attendance of a studio booking at the scheduled starting time will result in that booking being canceled.
- Studio spaces must be left as they were found (rubbish removed, furniture returned, cabling connected).
- The person booking the studio is responsible for loss and damage (including when working in a group).
EQUIPMENT BORROWING AND CLEANING GUIDELINES FOR PRODUCTION STUDENTS DURING COVID
- Wearing a mask – students must wear a mask in accordance with current DHHS guidelines. A personal mask should be carried with you at all times.
- The 1.5m rule for social distancing is to be observed at all times.
- Be on time – to avoid crowding, students must attend Swinburne at their scheduled time. If this needs to be changed, let staff know PRIOR to attending campus to ensure a new time can be allocated.
- Staff may contact you to reschedule a booking pick-up or return time to ensure safe numbers are on campus. Check your student email regularly.
- Once you arrive at campus, connect with the Swinburne Wifi.
- Stay at home if you have any symptoms – Do not attend campus if you are feeling ill or have any flu-like symptoms or are required to self-isolate.
- Equipment should be booked in the standard manner for each equipment site visited (AS, ATC or 24G).
- Where possible, only one person should attend to collect or return gear. If you’re working in a group with a large amount of gear, an additional student who is in that group (not friends or family members) may assist.
- Cleaning supplies: upon collection, you may request production staff give you hand sanitiser and ISO wipes for cleaning equipment.
Using Equipment Off-site
- Equipment must be used by one user at a time. The user’s hands should be sanitised prior to, and after using the equipment.
- As part of the shoot, if the equipment’s primary operator is transferred to a new user, equipment must be cleaned with supplied ISO wipes. Attention should be paid to the major touchpoints of the equipment (for example, on a camera this would be the grip, lens barrel (not the glass), buttons, battery and memory card area.
- Prior to cleaning, ensure all power is disconnected (this includes battery sources).
- If the equipment is used by a single person ONLY, then it doesn’t have to be cleaned while in use (it will be cleaned upon return to the university).
- Where space is available, production staff will supervise the cleaning of all equipment by the borrower/s.
- Where space is not available, equipment will be handed to production staff to be cleaned.